This looks awesome. The readme says it's unsure if this is v6 or v7. Diff of a few files suggests v6 with the 'u' area being a pointer instead of a struct and a few of the elements names changed a bit... The dates are from 1976 or 1977, which also matches... And we have this from wikipedia: "By 1976, the operating system was in use at various academic institutions, including Princeton , where Tom Lyon and others ported it to the S/370, to run as a guest OS under VM/370 ." which matches the dates as well found on the tape. This is seriously cool. There are a few corrupted files (like dsk.h). Kernel sources are there, but there's no userland programs apart from the assembler and C compiler. Looking at the kernel dskio.s routines suggests it's making an upcall to something with the sio instructions which suggests this is the VM/370 version. The hits keep coming! Warner On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 10:04 PM Warren Toomey wrote: > All, the second Unix artifact that I've been waiting to announce has > arrived. This time the LCM+L is announcing it. It's not the booting PDP-7. > > So, cast your eyes on https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/IBM/370/ > > Cheers, Warren > > P.S Thanks to Stephen Jones for this as well. >