On Sun, Apr 4, 2021, 2:57 AM Josh Good wrote: > On 2021 Apr 3, 19:23, Larry McVoy wrote: > > > all these years later, the best part of my career was at Sun. Sun > > was the Bell Labs of my generation. > > Yes, it looks like in those years inferior Unix vendors were playing a game > of lock-in with their customers, while Sun was playing the opposite game: > attracting users and developers with features, openness and by providing a > more joyful user/developer experience. > > Those who could, used Sun kit. Those not so fortunate, aspired to use it. > A lot of the early open source used to recreate the SunOS commands and args. It's what people were used to. Docs were also accessible in a way that POSIX wouldn't be for a decade .. after that, it grew from there and SunOS started to feel dated. Warner -- > Josh Good > >