On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 9:27 AM Dan Cross wrote: > On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:54 AM Clem Cole wrote: > >> Too bad, they did not use the UNIX tool kit like troff and eqn which are >> described in the paper itself, to restore it. If you were going to the >> trouble to make the 'md' file - it would have been just as easy to create >> troff source. >> > > In fairness, the Markdown renders directly from the github web UI, but I > agree that using troff/eqn would have been nice. Surely it wouldn't be that > hard to massage the markdown into troff markdown. > There are a few MD to troff converters, though I don't know how many will convert to -ms format that was likely used historically. And given that ms has a little more semantic info than MD does, there may be some manual steps afterwards. Even a perfect converter would likely have manual steps since it was also the custom back in the day to tweak this or that in the output... Warner