On Sat, Jul 16, 2022, 12:38 AM Lars Brinkhoff wrote: > segaloco wrote: > > This looks like it might be exactly what you're looking for: > > http://9legacy.org/9legacy/doc/simh/v8 > > Thanks! > > > That said, your original posting mentions the PDP-11, but also > > "Berkeley Unix Nodes". For the latter, do you mean VAX? > > Yes, they are VAX-11/780 SIMH instances running 4.1BSD + MIT patches. > > > I don't know whether V8 ran on PDP-11 or not, but if that's your > > intent, you may want to start with a 2.xBSD or V7 as a base instead. > > The Chaosnet documentation says there were PDP-11 Unix V7 nodes on the > network. That code has not been found though. Same goes for VAX/VMS. > V7 could mean a modification of net unix or using that as a starting point. But without code that's just wild speculation on my part. Warner