On Tue, May 21, 2024, 11:08 PM Alexis wrote: > Dave Horsfall writes: > > > On Tue, 21 May 2024, Paul Winalski wrote: > > > >> To take an example that really happened, a fuzz test consisting > >> of 100 > >> nested parentheses caused an overflow in a parser table (it > >> could only > >> handle 50 nested parens). Is that worth fixing? > > > > Well, they could be a rabid LISP programmer... > > Just did a quick check of some of the ELisp packages on my system: > > * For my own packages, the maximum was 10 closing parentheses. > * For the packages in my elpa/ directory, the maximum was 26 in > ducpel-glyphs.el, where they were part of a glyph, rather than > delimiting code. The next highest value was 16, in org.el and > magit-sequence.el. > > i would suggest that any Lisp with more than a couple of dozen > closing parentheses is in dire need of refactoring. Although of > course someone who's rabid is probably not in the appropriate > mental state for that. :-) > That's what ']' is for. Warner >