On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 11:55 PM Dave Horsfall wrote: > On Mon, 5 Apr 2021, arnold@skeeve.com wrote: > > > Yes, exactly. For me, Usenix provides little added value. I had been > > debating leaving Usenix for several years already; the move to soft copy > > ;login: clinched it for me. I'm not happy about it, but I had to > > recognize my personal reality. > > I was not a member of Usenix; I was just a founding member (and past > President) of AUUG, which decided to dissolve after we had done our job > i.e. bring Unix to Australia. > > I used to enjoy reading the Usenix snippets in AUUGN, though. For some time, those were the only widely available surviving snippets of the early days of Usenix newsletters. Too bad copyright law severely limited what was published after the first few times. I've been quite impressed with the AUUGN having read almost all the early issues. It's quite the travel log of Unix coming to Australia and colonizing different niches. Warner