On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 7:37 PM Grant Taylor via TUHS wrote: > On 12/10/18 7:11 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote: > > NCP was turned off on 1 January, 1983. What do you think?a > > I don't know 2.9BSD's time frame (and did not look it up) so I can't say > one way or the other. > > Based on your response I'm going to assume that it's not possible. > I kinda doubt it has good NCP support: it was released in November of 1983. > > Such as? > > I'd have to go back and look, but I think I have read about an NCP and > IP speaking host in the last few months. It may have been related to > MULTICS. > > The idea is that it might be simpler to speak TCP/IP to such a machine > and then connect from it to 2.9BSD, if 2.9BSD supported NCP. > > If the OPs goal is to get network connectivity on an 18-bit PDP, then > that might be another option that doesn't require shoehorning TCP/IP > into said PDP. > I'd get it running in simh, then move to real hardware. It's going to take a lot of elbow grease to make that work, I think. But I haven't looked in detail at things. Ultrix-11 is of similar vintage, and similar functionality and does boot on the 18-bit 11's. Warner