On Tue, Feb 28, 2023, 6:21 PM Rich Salz wrote: > >> I'm glad that you qualified it with "for the time"; I've used it, and >> calling it a "C compiler" was a bit of a stretch[*]. Later on I bought >> the Hi-Tech C compiler, and it was full ANSI, with function prototypes >> etc. >> > > Hmm. K&R publication date was February 1978. BDS C was released in August > 1979. So it was certainly C as known at that time. X3J11 was convened in > 1983 and published in 1985. Doesn't seem like a good comparison. > I have a memory of a star trek themed illustration/poster of Bones holding the ANSI C standard that said "It's C Jim but not as we know it..." my Google fu is insufficient to find it though... Warner > >>