On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Clem Cole wrote: > > > On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Ralph Corderoy > wrote: > >> >> Eric S. Raymond has a long-term plan underway to get all man-page source >> moved to DocBook or asciidoc using his doclifter program, and convincing >> projects to make the switch. Unfortunately, some have. DocBook stinks >> and it shows how long the project has been going that Eric chose it back >> when it and XML were still shiny. >> > xkcd on Standards (And the Gnu guys have their > doc standard ...) > > Things are more like the are today then they have ever been before." > Dwight David Eisenhower ​ > ᐧ > ᐧ > I recently committed a fix to FreeBSD that made booting a little less verbose. Seems like on EC3 the scrolling is painfully slow. By removing the one-line-per-core/thread (well, 5 lines) I was able to speed up boot times 40%. My comment was 'The more things change, the more it's 1985 again' when I was doing similar hacks to make programs run faster when run from the Decwriter II in the lap connected at 300 baud... Warner -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: