On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 5:33 PM Will Senn wrote: > Well, hallelujah, after much travail (I've tried this every Christmas for > at least 5 years now), I have succeeded in building vi on v7 from 2bsd. Had > to patch the c compiler to enlarge the symbol table, tweak some stuff here > and there, but it finally built and installed without any errors, yay. > > Now, I just want it to do some editing, preferably in visual mode. I can > call it as ex or vi: > > # ex > : > > or > > # vi > > : > > and q will exit, yay, again! > > I have at least two problems: > 1. It's not going "full" screen, even with TERM=vt100 or TERM=ansi set > (not that I was surprised, but it'd be nice)... > What does /etc/termcap look like? > 2. If I type a for append and type something, there's no way to get back > to the : prompt (ESC doesn't seem to work). > 3. I'd like manpages (figure they might help with the above), but they're > on the tape as .u files? > > I'm hoping this triggers some, oh yeah I remember that, type responses. > > Thanks, > > Will > > > >