On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 9:45 AM Larry McVoy wrote: > On Tue, Jun 07, 2022 at 10:38:57AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote: > > On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 9:03 AM Will Senn wrote: > > > > > Interesting crossover from Linux to Linux Distros... Debian's my > > > personal fave (in the form of Mint, MX, or even Ubuntu), mostly cuz apt > > > seems to just work (for me, ymmv) and rpm sucks :). However, all of > > > these run on the same kernel and generally provide the same userland > > > (core-utils, etc). > > > > > > But not the same binaries. I've run into a lot of issues trying to run a > > binary for Debian on red hat or vice Vera due to shared libraries not > being > > completely compatible... kinda makes the whole system call argument moot > > since there is always significant version skew... > > Yep, shared libraries can screw you but that's true anywhere. > Kinda my point: you brag of a misleading compatibility and then attack others that decide to slice things up differently and don't have that, these days useless, talking point. Warner -- > --- > Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com > http://www.mcvoy.com/lm >