At one point, a google search could find most of the VMS source, at least through VMS 5 or maybe 6. I didn't download it at the time and haven't searched since... Given the ubiquity of vms on microfiche I wasn't surprised at the time. A quick search today, though, comes up dry. Warner On Wed, Jun 19, 2024, 5:21 PM Peter Yardley wrote: > We had VMS source on microfiche as part of he support contract. If you > payed more you could have got it as machine readable. > > > On 20 Jun 2024, at 8:58 AM, Kevin Bowling > wrote: > > > > On Thu, Jun 20, 2024 at 6:46 AM Al Kossow wrote: > > On 6/19/24 3:25 PM, Kevin Bowling wrote: > > > > > Seems like yet another mediocre UNIX port at first, but then they > happen to find the system schematic netlists and PAL equations in addition > > > to partial source code on the hard disk. If those are published that > will make a quite wholesome thing to study. > > > > I tried to stress on their discord that finding things like that 40 > years out is a very unusual occurence. > > I've spent decades digging through people's garages trying to find stuff > like that for bitsavers. > > > > I’m weak in my DEC history and collection but I’ve heard some in person > stories that VMS source was not impossible to find on microfiche at certain > institutions. They might have had at least board level schematics too. > That situation would be roughly equivalent to IBM mainframes through the > 1980s but you’d still be missing a lot of microcode and logic equations to > zoom in at any level for these two examples. > > > > Are you aware of anything else where the whole kit and caboodle is > available? Particularly keen on microcode and logic equations since that > stuff is indeed hard to come by. > > Peter Yardley > peter.martin.yardley@gmail.com > >