On Thu, Nov 21, 2019, 2:12 PM ron minnich wrote: > I'm looking for a reference to any Unix ports where the kernel ran in > a non-paged address space and user mode was paged. I could swear this > was done at some point, and memory says it was on a soft-TLB system > like the MIPS, to avoid TLB pollution and TLB fault overhead. > > But maybe I'm nuts. I am happy to hear either answer. > Mips had KSEG0 which didn't go through TLB and was mapped to physical memory. Some MIPS kernels ran in this space to avoid TLB issues... Warner >