On Thu, Aug 3, 2023 at 6:13 PM Will Senn wrote: > Hi All, > > Is this the only bootable 3bsd distribution tape we have? > > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/bsd42/files/Install%20tapes/3%20BSD/3bsd.tap.bz2/download > > I don't like the idea that sourceforge is the only source, the provenance > is unclear and I'm just not a big fan of how sourceforge handles downloads > generally. > > I've found tarballs, but not tapes on TUHS. > The TUHS stuff matches what we have on Kirk's CDs. And it looks like one could build a boot tape from what's in sys in the tarball. It has the usual standalone files that look like V7 files. There's usr/man/man8/sysgen.8 sysgen \- UNIX system generation from the distribution tape I've not tried to grab that tape to see if it has the same bits as in the archive. Warner