Strictly speaking ANSI would assign a Joint Technical Committee (JTC) who would assign or create a Subcommittee, who would would then create a working group responsible for conformance testing. Don't ask why I know all this. On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 3:32 PM Stuff Received wrote: > On 2024-06-26 14:35, Marc Rochkind wrote (in part): > > I think historically ANSI did languages. > > Once upon a time, ANSI even had conformance testing (though that is not > really relevant to this thread #6-). > > S. > -- James D. (jj) Johnston Chief Scientist, Immersion Networks