The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Marc Rochkind <mrochkind@gmail.com>
To: Kevin Bowling <kevin.bowling@kev009.com>
Cc: TUHS <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: [TUHS] Re: Proliferation of book print styles
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2024 11:08:08 +0300	[thread overview]

True enough, Kevin, but with the decline of printed books and the increase
in online docs, I rarely find what I'm looking for in a printed book and,
when I think I have, the price is very high for what may turn out to be a
bad guess. Browsing a bookstore for serious computer books is no longer
possible, except maybe in very large cities.

For example, for an upcoming project I need up-to-date and authoritative
information on Kotlin and AWS S3 APIs.

Living in the past, I find, is no help!

Marc Rochkind
(author of the first book on UNIX programming)