Nice find. What does the label on the big hard drive read? I have found a similar drive with a worn label and i am trying to see if i can find a system to connect it to. On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 3:38 PM Noel Chiappa wrote: > > From: Paul Riley > > > Using LSX on the 11/03... Will LSX handle cards with multiple serial > > ports? > > Ah, I just read this carefully; LSX only supports a single user at a time, > so > there's no use to multiple serial lines? (But see below.) (I thought Heinz' > reply message to this referred to Mini-Unix, which does suppport multiple > users, but on reading it again I see it does not.) > > > If you want multiple users on an -11/03, Mini-Unix would be an option; it > doesn't support the -11/03 'out of the box', but looking at it, it > shouldn't > be too hard. (Heinz mentioned that it had been done before.) Change all > cases > of 'mov xx, PS' in mch.s: > > > https://minnie.tuhs.org//cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=Mini-Unix/usr/sys/mxsys/mch.s > > to 'MTPS xx' (PS access needs a special instructtion in the /03); that > might > be all you need to do. (Installing a KEV11-A, so you can avoid using the > instruction emulation package for EIS instructions would be nice, but > apparently isn't required.) > > > If Mini-Unix supports multiple users, it ought to be possible to do the > same > with LSX. (I'm not sure what the rationale was for making LSX single-user: > perhaps the RX was too slow; perhaps there was no need in their use case; > etc.) > > But it would probably be more work than going the Mini-Unix route; e.g. > to start with, init only supports a single user: > > https://minnie.tuhs.org//cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=LSX/src/init.c > > and the tty driver: > > https://minnie.tuhs.org//cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=LSX/sys/tv.c > > only supports a single line. One could cross-port the needed 'stuff' from > Mini-Unix, but it'd probably be easier to do the Mini-Unix -11/03 > conversion. > > Noel >