The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Tom Manos <tom.manos@gmail.com>
To: tuhs@tuhs.org
Subject: Re: [TUHS] efl(1) anyone?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 18:41:00 -0500	[thread overview]

Clem,

I agree with everything you said.

I think the operative word here is "playing". I'm not aware of anyone who
would use either 4.3BSD or efl for real work. It's just fun to mess around
with some things from the somewhat distant past that we missed along the
way.

For me, right now, that's BSD, which I used at Naval Postgraduate School in
the mid-80s, but never after. After I left grad school, all I was exposed
to was SVR2-4 and then OSF/1 and then Solaris from the mid 90's on. BSD is
fun.

Tom
----
Tom Manos