On Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 6:22 AM Marc Donner wrote: > The standards work that created SGML went a bit overboard, to my taste. > The only really serious adopters of SGML that I can think of were the US > military, but there may have been others. > > Bookmaster (an IBM product, and I think what they used for their published docs in the 90s into the 2000s?) was SGML based, if I remember correctly. Writing in it was kind of lovely, and the traintrack diagrams for command syntax were exceptionally well-done. It made nice-looking docs (e.g. https://distribution.sinenomine.net/opensolaris/install2.pdf). Adam