And just in case you didn't know about it.... https://github.com/yjwen/org-reveal This converts org-mode docs to reveal.js presentations. https://athornton.github.io/Jupyter-PCW-2019/ is an example On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 10:36 AM Seth J. Morabito wrote: > > U'll Be King of the Stars writes: > > > On 04/10/2019 15:57, aksr wrote: > > > > [1] LaTeX is excellent compared to Markdown. You can build a career > > on top of it but not on top of Markdown. I don't even consider MD a > > proper markup format, aside from the simplest cases such as writing > > introductory README.md files. The only thing that La/TeX and MD have > > in common for me is that they are both intolerable without Emacs modes > > (AUCTeX and markdown-down.el). > > [With sincere apologies for taking this slightly more off-topic, but > still within the realm of the vaguely UNIX-y...] > > This is one of the reasons I live in Emacs, too. I make extensive use of > org-mode, not only for organizing my life, but also for generating > documentation. Org-mode has extensive native support for LaTeX markup, > and exporting marked-up documents to PDF via LaTeX. Additionally, of > course, it can export to HTML and even Markdown if you like. But the > LaTeX support makes it killer. > > In fact, veering back on-topic, there is even a mode to export Org-mode > files to Groff Memorandum Macros documents[1]! It's a pretty powerful > system. > > -Seth > > > [1] https://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/ox-groff.html > -- > Seth Morabito > Poulsbo, WA, USA > web@loomcom.com >