On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 8:29 AM Andy Kosela wrote: > On Tuesday, December 20, 2022, Adam Thornton wrote: > >> I mean, just a Unix, without all the cruft of a modern Linux, but which >> can actually take advantage of the resources of a modern machine. I don't >> care about a desktop, or even a graphical environment, I don't care about >> all the strange syscalls that are there to support particular databases, I >> don't care much about being a virtualization host. > > > But then...what would the purpose of such a system? ... > It appears to me there is really no need for such a modern mini-Unix > system outside of hard core O/S theorists community. > > I'm not asking for a _practical_ Christmas gift, and certainly not one that will help me at work. As you say: at work I've got Kubernetes. I think it would be aesthetically pleasing and fun to use. Need has nothing to do with it. Adam