I have one main reason I now prefer an electronic device to paper in most cases: I can make the text as big as I want on a tablet, and my near vision has deteriorated wildly as I've aged. Sure, I also have reading glasses, but it's really nice to just be able to enlarge the font. On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 6:52 AM Nemo Nusquam wrote: > On 2021-04-08 01:32, Dave Horsfall wrote: > > On Tue, 6 Apr 2021, Norman Wilson wrote (in part): > > > >> I'm not sure why people, even in a group devoted to history like > >> ours, focus so much on whether a journal is issued in print or only > >> electronically. The latter has become more and more common. > > > > Well, curling up in bed with a good PDF just doesn't quite feel the > > same... It's also handy in a waiting room (no battery to go flat and > > not having to rely upon a WiFi connection) and also when waiting for > > the local bus. > > In this informal survey, I side with Dave, though I prefer to read in my > comfy well-lit chair with tea/coffee/cocoa. (A very similar thread was > aired on MO last year.) > > > >> On one hand, I too find that if something is available only > >> electronically I'm more likely to put off reading it, probably > >> because back issues don't pile up as visibly. > I fully concur -- I tend to completely forget about them. Have > advertisers actually tracked how many readers look at their ads in print > vs. digital? > > N. > > > > > I know the feeling :-) I'm slowly working through my bookmarks. > > > > -- Dave > >