Knuth made an excellent point, maybe in _Coders At Work_ about literate programming and why it didn't catch on: in general, about 1 out of 20 people can be a really good programmer. In general, one of 20 people can be a really good writer. These talents are largely uncorrelated. Sure, being competent at either is a teachable skill. But no one wants to read either a program or a narrative written by someone who's merely OK at it. Adam On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 7:20 PM David Arnold wrote: > <…> > > > 2. Drop DVI? Are you kidding me? Although PDF may be popular now, >> > that may not be the case 20 years from now. A device-independent >> > format is what is needed, and that's what DVI is. TeX is guaranteed >> > to produce the exact same output 100 years from now. >> >> And .PDF isn't? >> > > No. It isn't. It is an Adobe product. > > > Check out ISO 32000-2:2020. > > I think it’s ok in 2022 to say that PDF has escaped Adobe and is an open > standard, suitable for long-life documents, etc. > > > > d >