thanks all. In 1976, at udel, we thought it meant c runtime startoff and that seems to be a reasonable interpretation. Kind of nice that a very new system, oreboot, will have a bt0 performing about the same function :-) On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 10:28 PM Dave Horsfall wrote: > On Mon, 12 Jun 2023, Clem Cole wrote: > > > > I've always thought of it as "C run time stage 0". > > > > crt - C RunTme. I always heard it expressed as C runtime SYSTEM or > > START > > Ah; well, I was almost right :-) It's been a while since I was using > Ed 5 where I first saw that comment... > > -- Dave