good to know! On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 1:26 PM Warner Losh wrote: > > > On Sat, Sep 1, 2018, 1:42 PM ron minnich wrote: > >> I was his advisor on that thesis so I got to watch it roll out as it >> happened. >> >> uvm replaced the machvm in netbsd. >> >> For a time, Chuck set it up to run in parallel with the existing VM. You >> could start a process and pick which vm it used. For a while, it defaulted >> to the existing one. Then, at some point, it defaulted to uvm. Then, at >> some point, the old one was removed. >> >> more here: >> >> http://www.netbsd.org/docs/kernel/uvm.html >> >> via search terms >> uvm replaces machvm netbsd >> >> chuck was a long time contributor to netbsd IIRC, but last time we >> talked, he was using Linux. >> > > These days I know he's hacking on FreeBSD's storage stack with me at work > :). I think he's still a netbsd contributor. I see his name in the commit > log often.. > > Warner > >>