Not responding to this email, apologies to Luther and Arnold. I’ve posted on COFF a related note on Unix Philosophy, Would appreciate comments & corrections. > On 19 Jun 2024, at 16:50, arnold@skeeve.com wrote: > > Luther Johnson wrote: > >> and I can't really see what CMake does for me that I >> can't do for myself. > > I suspect that it's biggest advantage is that the same (set of) > CMake input files can produce Makefiles, config files for Visual > Studio, and also for Apple's IDE / build system. > > I also don't like it; it mixes system configuration with build > dependencies and is ugly and hard to learn. But that's a separate > issue. > > Arnold -- Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design 0412 786 915 (+61 412 786 915) PO Box 38, Kippax ACT 2615, AUSTRALIA mailto:sjenkin@canb.auug.org.au http://members.tip.net.au/~sjenkin