The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Adam Thornton <athornton@gmail.com>
To: Al Kossow <aek@bitsavers.org>, tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org
Subject: Re: [TUHS] bitsavers.org down?
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 13:35:17 -0700	[thread overview]

So…that’s not a lot of archive, so I’m guessing that it’s outbound bandwidth that will be the driving cost.  But even that…how popular is it _really_ ?

It seems like, given the nature of the collection, it might not be hard to persuade one of the cloud providers into discounted rates for hosting, although…it’s so small that that might not work, because that little data, well, you’re not a customer big enough to have a Google or Amazon rep.

I’ll put out some feelers.  Rough bandwidth data, if we can figure out some way to find it, would be good to have.

Adam