Hi all, I was reading a recent thread, over on the FreeBSD forums about groups that quickly devolved into a discussion on the origin of the operator group: https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/groups-overview.82303/ I thought y’all would be the best place to ask the questions that arose in me during my read of the thread. Here they are in no special order: 1. Where did operator come from and what was it intended to solve? 2. How has it evolved. 3. What’s a good place to look/ref to read about groups, generally? I liked one respondent’s answer about using find, heir, and the files themselves to learn about groups being used in a running system, paying attention to the owner, Audi, etc along the way and this is how I do it now, but this approach doesn’t account for the history and evolution. Thanks! Willu Sent from my iPhone