The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: robinb@ruffnready.co.uk (robinb@ruffnready.co.uk)
Subject: [pups] Installing begemot
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:33:23 +0100	[thread overview]

grog at lemis.com wrote:
> On Friday, 13 August 2004 at  8:19:15 +0100, Robin Birch wrote:
> > In message <Pine.BSI.4.05L.10408121627090.18049-100000 at moe.2bsd.com>,
> > Steven M. Schultz <sms at 2BSD.COM> writes

> >>      And that's the cause of the problem.  The kernel is scanning for
> >>      'n' and when it finds the (unix) end-of-line character it then
> >>      tries to exec the program "/bin/shr" and fails.
> >>
> >>      Was the original script created on a windoze box perhaps?  Or was
> >>      a different method of getting a r  used? :)
> >>
> >>      Cheers,
> >>      Steven Schultz
> >>
> > Hi Steve,
> > Long time no chat.
> >
> > The scripts were tar'd off a Mandrake linux system then untar'd on a
> > SuSE system.  Something has got munged in the process I guess.
> >
> > What I'll do is a make really clean and then tr the whole thing to add
> > n instead of r and start again.
> Judging by the above, you want to remove the r, not change them to
> n.
> Greg
In case the first reply didn't get there, I am having difficulties everywhere at the moemnt :-((((

It is more complicated than just the /r.  I've checked the scripts and they are quite legal.  I can run them from my home directory but not from the directory I am using to build the packages in.  This is the same for the distributed scripts and any that I write.  The package directory is on a separate device fom the home directories and all of the directories above the packages one are set 777.

I'm now positively confused!!!!!

Robin