The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [pups] installing begemot etc
@ 2004-08-13 15:17 robinb
From: robinb @ 2004-08-13 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok Guys,
I humbly apologise for not working this out from day one :-)

The problem was that I'd mounted the device after fstab from the desktop and SuSE in this configuration appears to prevent shell scripts from being fired off.  If I mount everything in fstab at boot time then it all works.

Don't know whether this is a general SuSE thing or whether it is just a "feature" of the version that I'm running (8.2).

Well, you live and learn don't you :-)

Chears and thanks for all of the advice, through which I learn't stuff so it wasn't all that bad.

Robin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-08-13 15:17 UTC | newest]