On Jan 11, 2022, at 11:34 AM, John Cowan wrote: > > > > On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 1:37 PM Dan Cross > wrote: > > It seems like Unix is largely a child of the coasts. > > We can add the eastern coast of Australia, where the original Wollongong group made the first V6 port to the Interdata 7/32 (not to be confused with the Labs port to the 8/32). The Western U.S. company of the same name was formed to sell it, but I don't know if any of the Ozites moved to Palo Alto. This port to Interdata 7/32 was done by Richard Miller @ the University of Wollongong. AFAIK he is a Canadian (now living in the UK). No idea if any Canadian coastal cultures were involved! Much later he also did the plan9 port to the first RaspberryPi & subsequent models. His coding style is certainly quite minimal.