I haven’t. I’m not sure how much it differs from the acme experience, but I still miss them especially the terminal-as-editor. I hear some of the same people may have been involved. Which is why I can’t possibly make time for the adm-3a, that never ending hobby project is already claimed by my desire for acme with syntax highlighting. /me goes back to working in a :term inside neovim inside tmux inside a mosh session inside a glorified vt100 emulator, while absolutely not crying about applications being ignorant of presentation layer for “portability” -- josephholsten.com > On Sep 13, 2022, at 16:35, Larry McVoy wrote: > > Have you ever run a BLIT? It's basically a windowing system over a > serial line except the protocol is really smart, it knows that the > terminal knows how to do a bunch of stuff. > > In my opinion, the best serial line terminal ever built. > >> On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 03:29:39PM -0700, Joseph Holsten wrote: >> I was wondering why you???d pick this term of all historical terms to emulate. Now I have a terrible urge to try my hand at an ADM-3A. >> >> Which just reminds me of this teletype 33 ad: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Teletype_Model_33_Terminal_June_1974.jpg >> >> -- >> josephholsten.com >> >>> On Mon, Sep 12, 2022, at 16:25, Seth Morabito wrote: >>> Hello all, >>> >>> I've recently been improving the AT&T/Teletype DMD 5620 simulator I >>> wrote a few years ago. It can now run either the 8;7;3 or 8;7;5 >>> firmware. It also now supports executing a local shell or connecting >>> directly to a physical or virtual tty device. It runs natively on Linux >>> or macOS with X11 or Wayland, but I would love help creating a Windows >>> version if you're a Windows programmer (I am an occasional Windows >>> user, but I am not at all knowledgeable about Windows programming). >>> >>> Full details are available here: https://loomcom.com/3b2/dmd5620_emulator.html >>> >>> The source code is here: https://github.com/sethm/dmd_gtk >>> >>> Many thanks go to my friend Sark (@crtdude on Twitter) for tracking >>> down the 8;7;3 firmware and dumping it for me. I'd also like to thank >>> Mike Haertel for helping find bugs, providing feedback, and inspiring >>> me to get it working with Research Unix in addition to SVR3. >>> >>> Feedback, bug reports, and pull requests are all welcome! >>> >>> -Seth >>> -- >>> Seth Morabito >>> Poulsbo, WA >>> web@loomcom.com > > -- > --- > Larry McVoy Retired to fishing http://www.mcvoy.com/lm/boat