The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: segaloco via TUHS <tuhs@tuhs.org>
To: James Frew <frew@ucsb.edu>
Cc: tuhs@tuhs.org
Subject: [TUHS] Re: UNIXabilia
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 22:41:48 +0000	[thread overview]

Wow, there's a lot of good stuff here James! I would definitely have an interest in doing some preservation, although I'm holding off on taking on new work at least until March, I'm going to be in the midst of a move here soon and don't want something priceless getting lost in the mail.

Just to speak to my interest, absolutely anything AT&T of course, so the DWB 2.0 comb bound documents and the AT&T SVR3 (grey manuals with UNIX earth and trace lines) set. That represents one of the holes in my System V documentation archival efforts actually, I've got just about the full blue SVR4 set as well as the full SVR1 set, but have avoided SVR2 and 3 since there's just such a diversity of documentation in that timeframe and I need to work through some of my other scan jobs before searching around for those. However, if you've already got them and are offering them precisely for preservation reasons, then our interests here line up pretty well.

Also, looking through your list, you've also got Organick's Multics book. I'd love a copy of that for selfish reasons, so if you still have that by March. Could probably find it on eBay but I'd love supporting another TUHS member.

I'd say if it all lines up that you still have the USENIX stuff, any AT&T/Bell literature, and the Multics book by the first couple weeks of March, let's circle back around and talk. Otherwise, if someone jumps on this for preservation purposes before, I'll gladly contribute to the funds if it means this stuff gets scanned and archived (and I don't have to be the one to do it :P)

- Matt G.