On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Pete Turnbull wrote: > On Jan 27, 23:42, lothar felten wrote: > > > installation was no problem, but still i > > have some questions: > > my VT102 doesn´t do backspace, i only > > get ^H. i tried the > > terminal in ANSI and VT52 mode, no > > difference. > > Maybe it wants a DEL character instead of backspace (backspace *is* ctrl-H, > shown as ^H or ^h). Change it on the terminal by going into setup, or use > stty on the BSD system to change the delete character (stty del '^h'). On a real VT100 you cannot get the delete key to generate a backspace. He must be pressing the backspace key, or he's not using a VT100 at all, but instead some emulator, which isn't doing things the VT100 way... Johnny Johnny Billquist || "I'm on a bus || on a psychedelic trip email: bqt at update.uu.se || Reading murder books pdp is alive! || tryin' to stay hip" - B. Idol