Excellent post, thanks for the share! I think about that loss of information often. Its a shame preservation hasn't been more of a theme, there are probably countless iconic video games for which the original source code doesn't exist anymore. If "digital archivist" was more in-demand in tech companies I'd love to engage with that sort of work professionally...maybe someday. - Matt G. ------- Original Message ------- On Thursday, January 26th, 2023 at 7:28 AM, josh wrote: > On Thursday, January 26, 2023, Ralph Corderoy wrote: > >> Rob Pike wrote of magnetic tapes he had which could no longer be read. >> The coating had failed off IIRC. I tried to find the text but failed. >> Perhaps it was on one of those Google+, Posterous, ... transient things. > > Hi Ralph, I think you’re referring to this blog post (which I’ve also previously struggled to find): https://commandcenter.blogspot.com/2014/08/prints.html