The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Hans Rosenfeld <rosenfeld@grumpf.hope-2000.org>
To: tuhs@tuhs.org
Subject: Re: [TUHS] How to install 4.3BSD Quasijarus on VAXStation 4000 VLC?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 17:42:00 +0200	[thread overview]

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 12:49:50PM -0700, Adam Thornton wrote:
> Thanks to Emanuel Steibler, I am now in possession of a VAXStation 4000
> VLC.  I've got OpenVMS installed, but, well, the SCSI2SD gives me two more
> 2GB disks (the fourth partition is the OpenVMS install CD).
>
> I'd like to put Quasijarus on it.
>
> Problem is, the VLC only supports, as far as I know, SCSI devices.  I'm
> quite happy to install Quasijarus under simhfrom an emulated SCSI tape to
> an rz device and then just dd the resulting disk image over to the SD
> card...but I can't work out how to do it.

Are you sure that 4.3BSD Quasijarus supports running on a 4000VLC, or
utilizing SCSI devices? Last time I looked it didn't support anything
newer than the pure QBus MicroVAXen and VAXstations, and the only SCSI
devices supported were those on MSCP-to-SCSI controllers.

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown