On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 12:35:20AM +0200, Matthias Bruestle wrote: > Just had a look at an image patched to 469. There are awesome > improvements. There is top, swap space and a clean flag. I will try to > get it to 473. The clean flag is really useful, because the complete > fsck of the RA92 image on the ESP32 take at least an hour. On the > first glance it looks like someone investet a lot of work into > a proper startup. So I took the 2.11BSD pl469 (is there a custom how to specify the pl?) from PiDP11. It is a bit larger than an RA72. I truncated it to the RA72 size, because simh would only use it r/o. I haven't noticed a problem because of this and the partitions look good, although I would have partitioned it differently. 8MB for /, 410MB for /usr and 550MB for /home. / is already 44% full. Patching went well. Pasted a shar of a tar, because I am still not able to read a tape. (Tips on simh configuration and device?) Haven't looked at pl469, but I can say pl473 is really nice. It boots after a few seconds on its own just like a modern Linux. It is doing also a fsck just like a modern Linux depending on the state of the fs. Initializing everything down to the multiuser state and login. AFAIK 2BSD was used in the past for doing work. I would have expected something like it is now from old 2.11BSD versions. Maybe the automatic booting with timeout is a newer invention and top a newer software, but the features, which were there should have been working in a conventient way. In case someone here helped making the patches: Thanks! With my port of esppdp (based on simh 4) to the M5Stack Core2 and the wifid daemon from esppdp I have now a nice running PDP-11 in a box of 5.5*5.5*1.5cm. Screenshot of top running on it via a telnet login. Matthias -- When You Find Out Your Normal Daily Lifestyle Is Called Quarantine