On Thursday, 23 November 2023 at 21:58:15 -0500, Norman Wilson wrote: > Damien Wildie: > > It is Friday in Australia now > > ==== > > Yes, I know that. I was at Caltech, it was one of the > first things they taught us. > > I just don't understand why, if Australia had a Thanksgiving > Day, they would choose to have it on the same day as the US. Well, it doesn't make any sense here, since summer starts next week. But when has that worried people out to make a quick buck? > Does any other country? According to Wikipedia, Norfolk Island comes close. > On the other hand, if Thanksgiving Day actually mattered to anyone > important, the original ctime(3) would have had a special table to > compute its date, including all the different a dates it had in the > US before 1942. Well, I think that ncal(1) would be a better choice nowadays. Sounds like a good project for times of boredom. Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php