On Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 20:44:12 -0400, Clem Cole wrote: > rms had nothing to do with the name posix. I have no idea where that > comment came from. At the very least, from rms himself: https://stallman.org/articles/posix.html There's a reference to this page in the Wikipedia page on POSIX. > The p1003 committee for Ieee was the portable operating system standard and > at the time adding ix was the norm. POSIX became the term we all used to > refer to the work we doing. Rms was not involved in any way rms suggests that he was involved in the committee? Not true? Maybe a different, related committee? Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php