On 10/24/21 4:36 PM, Dan Cross wrote: > On Sat, Oct 23, 2021, 7:50 PM John Floren > wrote: > > I'm experimenting with my PiDP-11; I think I may have my modem set > up properly to accept incoming calls, but with only one phone line > I'm unable to test it. If anyone with a modem is willing to help > me test, send me a message off-list and I'll give you my phone > number & some login details. > > > I'd be less surprised by folks having modems (which seem like the kind > of thing that gets tossed into a box and forgotten about for a few > decades until eventually uncovered by a bout of decluttering) and more > surprised by people having suitable phone lines to use them. > >         - Dan C. > > You should live in rural Scotland Sir. Broadband is NEX in places - for example where I live.  512K download (max) more normally 380K!  Forget FTTC or FTTP - I have CTTM - tandard old-fashioned Copper to the Modem. I still need to use a 19.2K modem when the going gets tough. If you want to try an AA modem number I can send you it - but it is Scottish (UK) based. If you contact me off-list I can try tomorrow. Iain