This is accurate. I was briefly involved with sqtroff, because it was brought to York U by one of the founders (david slocombe) to publish York's newsletter. see this for coach house press history. possibly the first (outside bell) unix-based publisher. https://publishing.sfu.ca/2015/12/coach-house-press-early-digital-period/ ... oz On Mon, Mar 7, 2022, at 11:55 AM, Kevin Bowling wrote: > Interesting. That sounds like a different commercial strain, "SoftQuad > was started in order to improve automated typesetting at Toronto's > Coach House Press, and for many years developed an enhanced commercial > version of the text formatting program troff, developed under license > from AT&T, called sqtroff. It was sold with a suite of associated > programs, corresponding to AT&T's Documenter's Workbench, under the > name SoftQuad Publishing Software (SQPS)." > > On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 6:28 AM Jaap Akkerhuis wrote: > > > > > > > > > I see documentation of 1.0 (i.e > > > https://archive.org/details/sysv-dwb/page/n5/mode/2up) > > > I see a copy of 2.0 for 3B2 (i.e. > > > https://archives.loomcom.com/3b2/software/Documenters_Workbench/) > > > > > > From there things get a little less clear, it seems like we jump to > > > 3.2 with SysVR3.2? > > > > The jump might be due to the effect that for quite a while outside > > AT&T it was marketed by SoftQuad (Toronto). (See also > > ). > > > > jaap > > > ozan s. yigit http://nextbit.blogspot.com *to live fully is to wage constant battle against the mundane.* -- guy tal