The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Warren Toomey via TUHS <tuhs@tuhs.org>
To: tuhs@tuhs.org
Subject: [TUHS] Re: Planning for the future
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 07:57:58 +1000	[thread overview]

On 27/6/24 00:30, Will Senn wrote:

> Which brings me to my topic - how is TUHS set up for the future?
> Is TUHS set up in such a way as to weather the sands of time or do we
> need to do something to ensure its sustainability (similarly
> bitsavers/gunkies/beebe's bib/etc).

Good question. There isn't a real succession plan. We do have a handful
of people behind the scenes (the TUHS team) who have access to the
server and who could take over the care and feeding if required. The
regular operations are mostly documented but, as always, could be
improved upon.

The "assets" are nearly all publicly available. The Unix archive can be
easily copied: see the end of
https://wiki.tuhs.org/doku.php?id=source:unix_archive

The mailing list contents can be downloaded from here as Zip files:
https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/

The actual list of people on the list isn't available, although the TUHS
team could easily get a copy.

The "tuhs.org" domain I have registered until May 2030.

What I should probably do is to ask one of the TUHS team to volunteer to
a) put their credit card up as a secondary for my cloud provider in case
my card stops working and b) give them access to the cloud provider so
they can make their card the primary one.

I did try to float the idea of a more formalised TUHS structure a while
back but there was not much enthusiasm at the time :-)

Cheers, Warren

P.S. And I should set up a "dead man's hand" script to tell the list if
I have been 'inactive' for a few weeks.