The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Running v7 in Open-SIMH - update for 2024
@ 2024-05-23 18:58 Will Senn
From: Will Senn @ 2024-05-23 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TUHS

All,

I can't believe it's been 9 years since I wrote up my original notes on
getting Research Unix v7 running in SIMH. Crazy how time flies. Well,
this past week Clem found a bug in my scripts that create tape images.
It seem like they were missing a tape mark at the end. Not a showstopper
by any means, but we like to keep a clean house. So, I applied his fixes
and updated the scripts along with the resultant tape image and Warren
has updated them in the archive:

https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/Research/Keith_Bostic_v7/

I've also updated the note to address the fixes, to use the latest
version of Open-SIMH on Linux Mint 21.3 "Virginia" (my host of choice
these days), and to bring the transcripts up to date:

https://decuser.github.io/unix/research-unix/v7/2024/05/23/research-unix-v7-3.2.html

Later,

Will

* [TUHS] Re: Running v7 in Open-SIMH - update for 2024
@ 2024-05-23 19:01 ` G. Branden Robinson
From: G. Branden Robinson @ 2024-05-23 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TUHS

Hi Will,

At 2024-05-23T13:58:22-0500, Will Senn wrote:
> I can't believe it's been 9 years since I wrote up my original notes
> on getting Research Unix v7 running in SIMH. Crazy how time flies.
> Well, this past week Clem found a bug in my scripts that create tape
> images. It seem like they were missing a tape mark at the end. Not a
> showstopper by any means, but we like to keep a clean house. So, I
> applied his fixes and updated the scripts along with the resultant
> tape image
[...]

I'd like to join the many people who have previously thanked you for
this work.  Your resource made V7 Unix troff and nroff accessible to me,
and that access has been invaluable to me in my efforts on groff.

Regards,
Branden

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* [TUHS] Re: Running v7 in Open-SIMH - update for 2024
@ 2024-05-23 20:00   ` Will Senn
From: Will Senn @ 2024-05-23 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: G. Branden Robinson, TUHS

Hi Branden,

On 5/23/24 2:01 PM, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> At 2024-05-23T13:58:22-0500, Will Senn wrote:
>> I can't believe it's been 9 years
> [...]
>
> I'd like to join the many people who have previously thanked you for
> this work.  Your resource made V7 Unix troff and nroff accessible to me,
> and that access has been invaluable to me in my efforts on groff.
>
> Regards,
> Branden
Aw, you definitely made my day. As a regular user of groff, I am
thrilled to have helped, even in this small way.

@ 2024-05-23 20:48 ` Clem Cole
From: Clem Cole @ 2024-05-23 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Senn; +Cc: TUHS