On Wed, 7 Jan 2015, Clem Cole wrote: > I did not realized it [WCS] was an option.  ​IIRC we had it on the > Teklabs 11/60, but we could not run the tools easily so we ended up > never messing with it. Our 11/60 certainly had it; I remember scouring the manual, trying to make sense of it, but after five years studying at UNSW and eight years working there (almost got long service leave!) I got itchy feet. Besides, although the CSU was a great place to work, I didn't like the plans to merge it with the Chancellery (the bureaucratic centre), lest I come to work one morning and find myself working on a COBOL program... The provenance of the beast was that apparently a deal with some big publishing house fell through (Limited News, perhaps?) and DEC was stuck with a warehouse full of them; it seems the WCS was to be used for the typesetting or something, I dunno; they could always have yanked the WCS? [...] > The only solution when that happened was the pull the circuit breaker > power on the back of the machine because the front panel switched were > lost. Don't all 11s have the same key? I used to carry one on my key-ring. -- Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU) "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server." http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)