The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] And a word from our sponsors ...
@ 2016-03-31  3:53 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2016-03-31  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just a friendly word from the guy who runs the TUHS list.

  Historical details, with verifiable facts: OK.

  Questions and replies about old systems: OK.

  Semi-off-topic threads: mostly OK, they usually peter out.

  Comments about systems (good or bad): fine.

  Comments about individuals and their motivations/actions
  (especially if the comments are pejorative): not good at all.

If you think a thread is going to devolve into a slanging match
between people, then a) don't fuel the flames by posting replies,
b) walk away and calm down, c) let me know.

We've had a few threads recently which are coming close to the
edge, and I hate acting as a censor/wet blanket, so please
avoid saying things that will raise other people's hackles.

Back to you regularly scheduled notalgia....

	Warren

* [TUHS] And a word from our sponsors ...
@ 2016-03-31 10:43 ` Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2016-03-31 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016, Warren Toomey wrote:

[...]

> Back to you regularly scheduled notalgia....

No Unix in Pyramid :-)  We were both involved, as I recall; you got the
napkins, and I got the sticky-tape from the staff.

Long story...