On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, Steve Johnson wrote: > I remember some discussion about this.  In reality, a C comment really > requires you to type 8 characters, because putting anything adjacent to > the /* or */ looks terrible.  Many languages used single characters > (e.g., # for make).  The argument was "if you make comments easier to > type, you'll get more of them in the code"  (viz. the Unix kernel).  I'm > guessing Bjarne was aware of these discussions, although I don't > remember specifically that he was... My favourite C /* */ style is this: /* * foo * bar */ Is that what you meant? And recent C also accepts // as a comment, which I use like this: /* * This is where we do some neat stuff. */ foo(); weird_function(); // Yes, we need to call this here... bar(); I'm quite taken by BIND, though, which accepts /* this */ // this # and this. -- Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU) "Those who don't understand security will suffer."