On Wed, 8 Nov 2017, Will Senn wrote: >>     < filename head -20 >> > too bad head doesn't exist on v7. I did have to look up the incantation > in Intro to the Shell by Bourne, that's fascinating stuff and it still > works on my mac - nuts! If you're interviewing a new hire, see how long it takes 'em to work out what this does: :; /dev/tty sed 1q ;: echo "Hello, world" Tested on all shells at my disposal; might even work on V7. Did I mention that I use Perl, and used to use APL\360? The only reason I don't write obfuscated code is that I might be the one who has to maintain it later... -- Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU) "Those who don't understand security will suffer."