On Sun, 19 Nov 2017, Ronald Natalie wrote: [ Tape as a mountable file-system ] >> So you mount it read-only... > > Still won’t work. Seek doesn’t work right. I don't feel like arguing this, but it most certainly did for me, thank you very much (I'm desperately trying to be polite here); a modified tape driver, perhaps? It was quite amusing watching it thrash back and forth, until I put it out of its misery. I think I even mentioned it once, in an issue of AUUGN; all I remember now was that the tape had 512-byte blocks, just like the RK-05 from which it was presumably DD'd (I wasn't silly enough to try a MKFS). -- Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU) "Those who don't understand security will suffer."