On Sun, 4 Feb 2018, William Cheswick wrote: > One important and sensitive site chose to stick with this technology for > a while becauseone could detect unauthorized taps.  I guess TDR isn’t as > useful these days. I believe that optical TDRs exist, for use on fibre. The ultimate in anti-snooping, of course, is quantum; if you so much as *look* at it, you've disturbed it (which is how quantum key exchange would work etc). -- Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU) "Those who don't understand security will suffer."