The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Happy birthday, NetBSD!
@ 2019-03-20 23:29 Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2019-03-20 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

According to my (possibly inaccurate) notes:

NetBSD checked in 1993

Revision 1.1, Sun Mar 21 09:45:37 1993 UTC (25 years ago) by cgd

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sbin/init/init.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN

"Today is commonly considered the birthday of NetBSD.  As far as I know,
it is the oldest continuously-maintained complete open source operating
system. (It predates Slackware Linux, FreeBSD, and Debian Linux by some
months.)"

-- Dave

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-03-20 23:30 UTC | newest]